The Greatest Magical Mystery Tour: Health benefits of Psychedelic Mushrooms
The compound psilocybin, also known as magic mushrooms, can cause hallucinations. Psilocybin may not only get you high but also provide benefits for your physical and mental health. More research is necessary. Shrooms, Mushies, Caps the fungus that can make you huge. Magic mushrooms are what we're referring to, man. These hallucinogenic mushrooms are well-known for their ability to make people trip. Did you know that they may also have some health benefits? Here's the psychedelic scoop.
Magic mushrooms don't only cause hallucinations, although those can sometimes be quite amazing. These are five ways magic mushroom can help you improve your health.
A 2022 study was conducted by researchers to examine the effects of psilocybin, the psychedelic compound found within Shrooms, on 27 people with a history of depression. Between August 2017 and April 2019, participants were administered two doses each of psilocybin. Researchers discovered that participants' depression levels remained low for 1, 3, 6, 6 and 12 months after treatment. This is great news but researchers cautioned that further research is required to determine if psilocybin can cause depression. We need to find out if the effects can last beyond 12 months. PSA - It is not a good idea for self-medicating with magic mushrooms. You can use many other proven methods to treat depression, such as online therapy and in person therapy.
2. This could help to prevent substance abuse
Researchers are currently researching whether psilocybin could help people quit smoking, drinking, and using drugs. One small study examined the effects of psilocybin on alcohol dependence. Researchers found that psilocybin reduced alcohol cravings and decreased drinking. A small pilot study found that smoking cessation rates after 12 months were significantly higher with psilocybin. Anecdotal evidence suggests that psilocybin may be able to treat other types of substance misuse. We still have a lot of research to determine if it can reduce cravings or drug abuse.
According to 2017 research psychoactive substances such as psilocybin could help with treating cluster headaches or migraine. However, a PTSD or other related conditions. This link needs to be explored more on humans. Studies also show that the psychological effects psilocybin has on people can be unpredictable. It is difficult to know if magic mushrooms can be used to treat PTSD.
Although more research is needed, it's possible that psilocybin may be able to relieve anxiety. A 2016 study showed that 51 patients suffering from life-threatening cancer were treated with either a low or high dose of psilocybin. The high-dose group experienced a greater increase in quality, life meaning, and optimism. The high-dose group also experienced a decrease of death anxiety than the low-dose group.
What are magic mushrooms?
Here are some common effects of magic mushrooms.
- More energy: Unbound good vibes.
- Emotions of euphoria: A feeling of overwhelming well-being.
- The distortion of reality: New perceptions of the world. The curtain is closed.
- An altered perception of time and space: Space and time become blurred. It can seem miles away from you at close range.
- Extreme excitement: All things are new and wonderful. It's time to go under the sink and explore that dark cupboard!
- Feeling one with the universe: This is a kind of the platonic ideal for tripping it is a feeling of being one with all living things
- Auditory and visual hallucination: Things appear to shrink or grow. They bend or ripple. Music becomes incomprehensible and sounds become blurred. This is the only possible explanation for why people ever listened.
How long can magic mushrooms last?
Shrooms can cause hallucinations within 30 minutes of being eaten. The average trip lasts between 4 and 6 hours. However, it is possible for the effects of Shrooms to last longer. It all depends on how much you take, how potent the Shrooms is, and what tolerance level you have.
However, you may experience symptoms such as:
- Dilated pupils
- Inability to move
- speech difficulties
- nausea or vomiting
- Loss of coordination
- Increased heart rate or blood pressure
What are the potential risks associated with hallucinogenic mushrooms
You might get a case of the doomies from shroomies. Bad trips are one of the most common side effects. This can cause anxiety, panic, frightening hallucinations, and stress. Bad trips aren’t the only danger. There are other risks associated with magic mushrooms:
- Food poisoning: Is it really hard to distinguish poisonous from non-poisonous mushrooms? It's not a good idea to pick your Shrooms yourself unless you truly understand what you're doing.
- Mental and emotional problems: These can be triggered by although more research is required, there is some evidence that hallucinogens may be able to trigger or worsen preexisting mental health conditions.
- Unexpected events: Because you are walking down stairs that quickly turn into M.C. Escher painting can be more difficult than you think.
- Mixing: Mixing magic mushrooms and booze or any other drugs can increase your chances of having an adverse reaction.
Note:These studies did not examine the recreational or social use of mushrooms. These studies ensured that Psilocybin came from a safe and quality source. It was also administered to participants, who were then closely observed. If you are looking for the best “shrooms near me”, contact us. We can deliver the mushroom to you anywhere in DC.